Thursday, March 31, 2016

Lost At Sea

I watch as the chopper passes by
Can you tell that I'm drowning
Or do you just not want see

As I call out for help
People don't seem to hear
And it's not long before sink to an all time low

Now I reach out my hand
Hoping that someone will save me
But again I'm all alone in this unknown sea

As I sink to the bottom I see a ship pass by
I relax my body so that I appear to be dead
Now as the last of my oxygen leaves my body as I face my life's end

I'm saved by the boat that I'd seen
But as I awake all I can see is the storm approach
As the last rays of sunshine fade into darkness

The storm now rocks the ship
As I hold on dear life
Uncertain of what may happen next

Then I began to feel the ship tip
And when it flips over
I'm again back to square one

Alone in this unknown sea
Waiting to be saved
Or should I save myself

I wrote this poem when I was in a really bad place and it made me feel better to write this. I have learned that even when you feel like you are alone in this world, someone will always be there. If you ever feel alone that you should always find solitude in a place that makes you comfortable and brings happy memories. Please feel free to tell me how you feel about it personally or if you can connect in any way. 

4 comments:

  1. I feel like I'm drowning in calculus class when I don't understand what the teacher is talking about. I usually save myself by learning while I do the assigned homework.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this! Not only was it an emotionally filled poem, but it stirred up some emotions from my own life that I can connect with. I'm glad you found an outlet to help express how you are feeling. That's kind of how dance is to me. I recently started to keep a journal and I have found that this keeps me from going crazy with everything that goes through me head. Thank you for sharing this piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing can often relieve stress and I can see that is exactly what you did with this beautiful piece. I often write to cope with the issues that I have. When you are able to put the feelings that you have into words, you are already on the correct path.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to this poem personally. This is how my life has been up, down, good, and worst of all bad. But growing up and becoming and adult and getting better views on life. And met some great people along the way. Is the boat that saved me.

    ReplyDelete