Thursday, March 31, 2016

Weird things that frighten you?

Thinking back on our personal narrative assignment about a frightening situation and I started thinking about how weird a couple of my fears are. I understand that as a child there are a lot of things that scare us and everyone seems to understand. However, what's the grand rule that tells me at what age I have to stop being afraid of the dark? I have many fears, some of which I have developed as I have matured. I'm deathly afraid of snakes, and natural disasters. The thought of being in the middle of a hurricane with a snake around my leg, makes me cringe. Of course this is almost the type of thing that is supposed to make someone uncomfortable but I also have a fear of those large statues that tower over me, just think if they were to fall of magically come to life and not see me standing under them, that'd be the end of me. I however am not afraid of the dark, or spiders but I am afraid of situations I can't control. My questions to you guys are: Are my fears as weird as I'm making them seem? What are some of your fears, and have they always been terrifying to you?

3 comments:

  1. I think everyone has a couple of weird fears that would never actually happen. For example, I have an irrational fear that whenever I swim I will be pulled under by a current and I will drown with people all around me, yet never helping me. Actually in today's time it is likely that people would pull out their phones to record, but I digress. Fears are what make people human and I don't think anyone's fears should be dismissed or told they're silly or weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like swimming in water that is murky. I know the odds of being bitten by a shark or anything else coming up from the murky depths and getting me are infinitesimal, but it just creeps me out. I like seeing what's under me when I'm in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone has fears but these fears are man made. Once you overcome, these fears than you will be internally and externally strong and healthier. Those fears that you have are actually common, fears of things like spoons or apples are weird.

    ReplyDelete