Sunday, April 17, 2016

Generation Switch

I remember our childhood days when we used to have the good life, well good times. That is when we kind of not had to worry about money at the time. Also, there was not really much stress. Everything was all fun and games until we started to grow up. But, the cartoon shows, playing outside, riding bikes, no homework, and everybody used to be out till the street lights came on. Those were the good days. I look at the kids in this generation now and kind of worry. Well, I would not say so much as worry, but I can see a difference in some of the kids compared to us when we were kids. The cartoons nowadays compared to our cartoons are not as good. Many of the kids are playing video games, games on phones, games on laptops, and/or stay inside nowadays. I am not saying all kids do this, but I know a lot of kids who just stay inside or do something with technology. No one really goes outside anymore. I remember when my parents used to tell me all the time, "Be in before the street lights are on." I do not know if some kids will truly understand or even hear that saying anymore. Maybe this change in generation is because technology is much more advanced nowadays than back in our days. I played the game system sometimes, but now it is different. The game system is much more serious now. The systems are way more updated. I know for a fact some kids still read. This did not change. Some kids now days will still read books if not read more than I ever did. I hated reading. I feel technology is the cause of the change of the young generation. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. There are so many things to do on the internet that it makes going outside seem boring. I can see why young people turn to it instead of going through the trouble of going out and finding friends to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you 100%. The environment that we grew up in is totally different from the environment that this generation is growing up in. It all starts at home though. Parents should teach their kids the fundamentals of life and not let them get life lessons from television or things that they pick up from the internet. Technology has sprouted since we were little and it has basically taken over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Technology has definitely played a key role in the lives of the new generation. I say this because it controls almost every aspect of their lives from the time they wake up until the time they go to sleep they are either on a phone, tablet, or something internet based. As we transition into a world that is technology dependent, we risk the issue of less social interaction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree totally. I have three boys and I see old and new generation in them. My oldest son he is a true gamer. He is inside most of the time, he has joined a gaming club, all the techno gear to the Xbox One, and plays online as well. My two younger ones, it is a true battle to get them to come in the house even in the Winter season. So I see the impact that technology has made on this generation. Anytime a one year old can access YouTube, that says a lot.

    ReplyDelete