Saturday, April 30, 2016

When Hunger Strikes

Man, I could really go for some Krispy Kreme donuts right now. They are too good, especially when they are fresh. I could wolf down a dozen of them. I can imagine stepping into the donut shop and staring at the yeast rings as they go down the conveyor belt. They would pass under the waterfall of glaze, gleaming as they filled the box of twelve I had just purchased. After having acquired my fresh box of donuts, I would drive over to the nearest Mickey D’s and pick myself up a double cheese. Hold onto your chairs because I am about to go into uncharted territory here with a prepossessing combination of donut and double cheese. As I sit in my parked car, I come up with an ingenious idea: “What if I use the donuts as buns for my double cheese?” I ponder this quandary as I open the box of donuts. If donut and double cheese were to become one, then what would happen? Would there be an explosion of happiness or would there be diabetes ahead? I throw caution to the wind and proceed to create my masterpiece. I rip the buns off of the double cheese and slap the donuts where the buns previously lived. Then, as if I had just won a game show, confetti popped out of my creation. Bob Barker suddenly appeared in the passenger seat and told me to make sure I spayed and neutered my pets. I stare blankly at the famous dude sitting beside me. Have I unknowingly found the secret to becoming the winner of a game show? Do I even have pets? Did the donut/double cheese combo create a hallucinogen when combined? The world may never know because like this class, this blog post is coming to an end. I’m definitely going to create my donut/burger combo in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. Uh...maybe it's not a good idea that I share this with you but....
    http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2012/05/straw-doughnut-donut-burger-review-san-francisco-ca.html

    ReplyDelete