Monday, February 29, 2016

Is CIAA overrated in Charlotte NC

Every year the CIAA basketball tournament is held in Charlotte, NC. The people have voted it will continue to be held there for the next six years. The tournament is mainly focused on the college basketball games, which usually began February 20th and end on the 25th. There are also many other events, for example they have concerts, step shows, fashion shows and etc. Most of the family events began in the morning and end around noon.
After the 25th is when all the overrated activities began. I believe February 25th through the 28th is when all the parties and celebrities come and perform.  Thousands of people arrive to Charlotte just to party and see all the celebrities.
 Party entry fees vary from the range of $20 dollars - $150 dollars just to enter the party. Most parties won`t let you in unless you are the of 21 and above. Club capacities vary 400 people to 4,000 people in one party. As all these people are here just to party many hotel are booked. The booking for hotels are so extreme people may place their reservations a year ahead.
 Parking also is a big deal during this event. Parking services and towing services make a lot of money. I believe parking spots can cost up to $50 dollars a night and if your car is towed i believe it`s $250 for the car to be giving back to you. I understand it`s a great experience and lots of fun but is it actually worth all the money being spent? 

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes experiences like that are the chances you have to take.Some people only get one chance so i see it as have fun while you can.on that note If you have the money go for it but if you know your struggling this shouldn't be on your priority list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are (to a point). I'm a geek. I'd happily spend that kind of money on the Mad Monster Party (that coincidentally is also happening in Charlotte), but I wouldn't spend that kind of money for basketball. I guess it's all about what you're really into.
    http://madmonster.com/events/charlotte2015/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly feel this depends on your age to be honest. There is really no need to go if you are not 21 because there will not be much to do, but if you are willing to put that much money out then you probably will have a really good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally think it is worth the money. I mean if you are looking for a good time its going to cost you. The only issue I would have with this, is if I didn't plan ahead before hand with the hotel and parking services.

    ReplyDelete